Day 2 - 21 September 2022
Chairpersons welcome and opening remarks.
Cyber Security Lead
Royal Mail Group
10:10AM - Day 2
Presentation: IT/OT Convergence – A Cyber Security Approach
- IT vs OT: Key differentiators.
- Why Architecture vs Design is key for IT/OT Convergence.
- Defining a roadmap on how to tackle IT/OT convergence.
- How OT Security enables digital transformation.
- A look at the challenges and solutions faced.
Presentation: De-Bunking the Cloud Security Industry
Cloud Security world is quite complex with a lot of Gartner acronyms which makes it hard for any security leader to plan for how to protect assets and resources in their new or growing cloud environment.
This fireside chat with a CISO from a Cloud First world will bring back the Cloud Security conversation to first principles of protecting assets. Attendees would be able to take back the learning from the talk and apply what they learn into their security roadmap.
Solutions Architecture Manager
11:00AM - Day 2
Presentation: Thriving in an Insecure World
The days of security as a “nice to have” are officially over. While organizational DevOps maturity continues to improve across industries with automated testing and use of new technologies on the rise, there is still more work to do, especially when it comes to reducing security and compliance risks. Secure software development is now an imperative for DevOps teams around the world. It’s the number one reason for – and benefit of – DevOps platform usage.
Join us to hear…
- Latest trends in DevSecOps.
- Why digital shifting left still remains a challenging task for many organizations.
- Why governance and compliance are critical to a successful security strategy.
11:30AM - Day 2
Presentation: The Future of Security Awareness and Training – Strengthening Digital Self Defense
Join us on this session and get latest updates on how to effectively manage human-centric security and build next-generation security awareness.
- What types of attacks and developments you should watch out for in the increasing cyber threat landscape.
- How positive learning environments impact users’ readiness and thereby effectively reduce security risks.
- Why gamification and targeted learning journeys are your go-to methods to drive long-term behavioural change.
12:00PM - Day 2
Presentation: Identity First Security – The Way Ahead to Building a Zero Trust Future
This session will discuss…
- The urgent need for dynamic network and security elements.
- SASE: Integrating network and security to protect the cloud network against cyber-threats.
- How Zero Trust and SASE work better together.
- Developing a roadmap for SASE implementation in your organization.
Mattia Menegatto Amadori
Cyber Security Architect
12:30PM - Day 2
Presentation: Cyber Security Management Systems
This Session Will Explore…
- How to implement an OT cybersecurity strategy from scratch according IEC62443 in Small and Medium Enterprise
Presentation: How Safe is Your Cloud? Deciphering Cloud Threats and Security Models
The inherent benefits of cost savings and improved overall efficiency are driving organizations to either move to the cloud or start out in the cloud. However, failure to ensure security of cloud environments could eliminate all the potential benefits. According to recent Elastic research, 1-in-2 CISOs expect misconfigurations to be a leading cause of breaches, while recent Enterprise Strategy Group (ESG) research highlights that 89% of negative outcomes occur between detection and investigation.
Join Marvin Ngoma, a Senior Security Specialist at Elastic, who will cover the evolution of cloud specific threats, and how best to prevent and detect them. Attend this talk to gain insights and an action plan for your cloud security initiatives.
01:20PM - Day 2
Presentation: Staying Secure in the Midst of the Talent Crisis
The worldwide cyber talent shortage is real and growing. Just in the US there are 1 million people employed as cyber security professionals, but over 700,000 unfilled job postings and that number is growing at an alarming rate. Globally, the gap is at least 2.7 million. Initiatives are underway to address the shortage spanning government, industry groups, and the private sector, however the short-term cybersecurity implications are alarming. The lack of skilled practitioners extends beyond the issue of headcount- deficiencies exist in capability, diversity, morale and more. But effective and innovative solutions can bridge the talent gap and address both near term and longer term needs. In this session we will discuss:
- Current options to increase the cyber talent capacity required to meet organizations’ current and future security needs.
- Broadening the diversity of available security skill sets to cover the full scope of vulnerabilities for on-premise, cloud, networking, hosts, mobile, applications, etc.
- The challenges, and importance, of establishing a continuous testing practice to keep pace with the continuous application development and deployment methodologies.
- The advantages of leveraging a global researcher community as part of your security operations.
- The importance of standard testing frameworks and operational transparency in leveraging untapped and available security talent.
Lunch & Networking
Director of Customer Loyalty EMEA
02:10PM - Day 2
Presentation: Security Champions – The Human Side of DevSecOps
There’s a human element to modern AppSec that can’t be overlooked: Security Champions. For organizations that build and manage software, Security Champions serve the critical role of advocate for security tools and best practices, helping to break down communication and process silos. Over time, the benefits are clear-when security is embedded into existing workflows and Security Champions are on hand to make sure everything is running smoothly, DevSecOps is much more friction-free. Join us for this session as we explore how to find Security Champions within your organization, and how to keep them engaged as you build out your program.
Anand Joseph Raj
IT Security Expert
02:30PM - Day 2
Lime Networks B.V. (in association with NinjaOne)
02:30PM - Day 2
02:30PM - Day 2
Cyber Security Project Manager & Business Analyst
02:30PM - Day 2
Panel: The Future of Cybersecurity – Where Should We Go From Here?
- The future of cyber security correlates with the future of information technology. How much of an impact will security have in our business and personal lives?
- How will advancements in AI, Machine Learning and Automation impact the industry?
- Reviewing developments in the attacker ecosystem.
- Where does human stand in Cyber Security?
Enterprise Account Executive, Sales
03:10PM - Day 2
Presentation: How SaaS Companies are Successfully Scaling Security Age
An all-too-common belief is that to move fast you must sacrifice security (or bolt it on as an afterthought). Sven Sellen, Security Strategist at Cobalt, will cover several use cases of SaaS companies that scaled their security programs using Pentest as a Service (PtaaS) to maintain agility, speed, and innovation.
You’ll walk away knowing:
- How PtaaS empowers agile businesses to test faster and remediate risk smarter.
- Strategies for fostering communication between developers, and security teams.
- How to shift left and modernize the way you pentest — whether it’s for compliance, M&A, or another key business initiative.
Global Technologist, Office of the CTO
03:20PM - Day 2
Presentation: 5 Facts every Data Defender should know to Secure the Future
Many organisations have successfully moved their businesses to a digital space. Through accelerated digital transformation, fueled by the pandemic. This changed the world as we know it and created the precondition for today’s hybrid workforce, processes, and infrastructure. To successfully support the embraced new working model and at the same time defend ourselves against the dynamic dangers of cyber-attacks nowadays, we need to increase our digital resilience. Data defenders charged with defending the organisation against a wide spectrum of dynamic threats, must decide how they can secure the future, increase digital resilience, and keep those digital systems nonstop available. Sounds impossible? Know these key 5 facts to successful secure your data.
Finance Automation Manager
The Kraft Heinz Company
03:40PM - Day 2
Presentation: Accelerating Digital Transformation with Cloud
- In this session you will discover 3 practical ways to accelerate your digital transformation with cloud technologies
- We will explore 2 case studies on how to add value with cloud
- It will give you an overview of what are the key steps to get started with cloud in terms of digital transformation