2020 Day 2 Agenda
Connected Vehicle Security
Ford Motor Company
10:00AM - Day 2
Presentation: Global Catastrophic Risk – A new existential threat analysis
- What do you think is the biggest risk facing the world today?
- Review results of global catastrophic risk ranking workshop and recommended actions
- Learn cyber-physical security concepts by applying them to real problems
- Understand how a formal process helps have an unbiased discussion and prioritize work
Software Development Consultant
10:30AM - Day 2
Presentation: Do’s and Don’ts of Data Management in China
When your IT company is planning to enter the Chinese market with one or more of its products, you will very likely run into a plethora of challenges. Legal, technical and cybersecurity restrictions all apply, while a lot of the technical solutions you might assume to be present cannot be used in China. This means that many companies see China as a big risk, especially when it comes to data management and security. Some even give up on China altogether. But by utilizing the right cloud infrastructure, like the one Alibaba Cloud provides, separating your product across regions can ensure your data stays secure and compliant within each locality. Key takeaways:
- Challenges of expanding into China from a legal, technical and security perspective
- An overview of Chinese cloud providers, and specifically, what Alibaba Cloud has to offer for application hosting, data management and security
- How to best utilize a multi-region strategy to isolate data in localities
- Checklist for validating you are ready to start Chinese online operations
Head of IT Security & Risk
N Brown Group
11:00AM - Day 2
Presentation: Evaluating risk to your business
- Defining what risk actually is and where it’s coming from
- How big is your risk appetite? How can you evaluate risk factors to make tactical changes?
- Understanding how financial services offerings and regulation impact risk
Sr Dir, Business Development & Solution Eng
DivvyCloud by Rapid 7
01:50PM - Day 1
11:30AM - Day 2
Presentation: Shifting to a holistic cloud security strategy
As companies gain more cloud maturity, they learn that their 2 core security toolsets for on-premise infrastructure no longer apply. Additionally, they get the most value by changing their operating patterns. In this talk, we’ll talk about lessons learned in embracing cloud-native security practices, and discuss implications for changing tool sets around cloud security.
Manager Offensive Security, Global Security
12:00PM - Day 2
Presentation: How to setup a new Red Team in a FTSE 100 (and what I learned doing it)
- Why setup a red team inside your company? How to put the business case together
- Getting the buy in and executing the business case
- Lessons learned
Cyber Security Manager
Santander Bank Polska
12:30PM - Day 2
Presentation: Cyber Crime: Detection, Prevention and Recovery
- What is cybercrime and how is it different from public perception?
- How can you protect yourself?
- Recent examples of organizations falling foul to online criminals
Head of Data Security
01:00PM - Day 2
Presentation: Data Protection – It’s Not Only About Encryption
The new era of Cloud, Microservices architecture, and distributed data stores, brings a different security risk which is more challenging to mitigate, mainly at scale – at least from a practical standpoint. In this session, we will review the data security challenges in the new era, potential risk mitigation strategies and tactics, and how to approach it effectively.
01:30PM - Day 2
Presentation: Next Generation Defence – Using Hackers to Beat Hackers
There are many dilemmas in today’s complex cybersecurity world. Year on year increases in cyber-attacks, an increase in the sophistication of these attacks, a widening cybersecurity talent gap – not to mention IT security budgets that haven’t kept up with growing demands. In this session, Synack’s Justin Shaw-Gray will host an open conversation with Mark Walmsley, CISO, Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP. Justin and Mark will discuss Synack’s innovative crowdsourced security model and how Freshfields has ultimately made their platform a more secure place. Attendees will learn how Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer LLP:
- Is using an army of ethical hackers to harden corporate assets.
- Has transformed and simplified security operations.
- Reduced the costs of legacy testing programs.
- And is now quickly deploying safer applications.
On-Demand fireside chat
Global Director, Security & Compliance
02:00PM - Day 2
Audit Account Director
02:00PM - Day 2
Global CISO & Head of Data Protection
Save the Children International
02:00PM - Day 2
Chief Privacy Officer
02:00PM - Day 2
Live Webinar Panel: Would I lie to you? Navigating the trust landscape
- Privacy: How can organisations ensure they are meeting their responsibility to customers? How do laws and jurisdiction affect this?
- How can we ensure a standard across the world?
- How technology can help: discussing digital identity, encryption, authentication & AI
Live webinar panel