Day 2 - 20 June 2019
Head of Cyber and National Security
09:30AM - Day 2
Cyber Security – Emerging Tech & Regulations: Chair’s welcome and opening comments
Senior Representative, NCSC NL
Nationaal Cyber Security Centrum
09:50AM - Day 2
Keynote: Evolving cyber intelligence landscapes
- Role of private, enterprise and governmental agencies in cyber intelligence – how is information shared across these?
- What is the difference between tactical, technical, strategic and operational cyber threat intelligence?
- The increasing role of automation, AI and machine learning for gathering and processing intelligence relating to cyber threats
- Discussion of best practices for gathering and acting upon cyber threat intelligence
Head of Information Security
Condé Nast International
10:20AM - Day 2
Building a security ecosystem
The security challenges Condé Nast face as a media organisation, rapidly evolving to meet the digital demands, plus undertaking an organisation transformation programme to become a single global entity. Such vast and rapid changes require security to match, and a blueprint for a robust foundational integrated security ecosystem will be described, utilising automation and intelligence to grow the security capability while meeting the future demands of the business.
Head of Technical Information Security
10:50AM - Day 2
Sharing the responsibility of cyber security across the rail transport industry
- Cybersecurity isn’t just an operator’s problem;
- Cybersecurity is an issue for industry;
- Appropriate use of standards can deliver a coordinated approach;
- Security in depth will fill any gaps;
- One operator’s approach is considered.
Security Senior Principal
12:00PM - Day 2
Effective security management within multi-cloud environments
How to apply consistent security across multiple tier-one cloud providers
Identity Access Management Director
12:30PM - Day 2
Panel: Exploring Identity Access Management
Despite the best efforts of cyber security professionals to update systems and protect against vulnerabilities, if access to these systems is not managed correctly, attackers could gain access resulting in costly data breaches. Hence identity & access management (IAM) is a key component of modern cyber security planning and implementation. Controlling the use and issuance of administrative passwords in key. This panel will analyse the following:
- What factors need to be considered when implementing IAM systems?
- The role will technologies like Blockchain, and biometrics have in IAM?
- How important is IAM for cloud based systems, and what do security professionals have to consider differently?
- How does privileged access management fit into IAM?
01:10PM - Day 2
Afternoon Keynote: The Bottomless Cloud – How AI and Abundance Thinking are Going to Change Everything
The world is at the precipice of one of the most dramatic shifts in history: the transition from an industrial society driven by finite natural resources to one that is based on the near infinite abundance of data. With unimagined increases in data capture and storage a new kind of value is emerging that has the power to profoundly transform our lives, our economy, and our businesses—from personalized medicine and autonomous vehicles, to loyal brands that know what you need before you know to ask for it. In this very near future, every person and digital device will have its own digital-self—a digital twin which knows more about us than we know about ourselves. And each one of these digital twins will require ten times as much digital data as exits in the world today! Your digital-self will be one of your most valuable assets, requiring radical new technologies and approaches for how you own, protect, and share your digital behaviors. Yet, the promise of AI may be delayed by decades without a new way of thinking about data—how we accumulate it, save it, and pay for it; welcome to The Bottomless Cloud, a radical new way to look at the economics and the value of digital data. Fascinating, engaging, and incredibly timely, The Bottomless Cloud provides a front row seat to the future of how we will live, work, and play in the 21st Century.
Founder and CEO
01:40PM - Day 2
The emerging role of holistic compliance in healthcare
Privacy, security and health regulation framework in the digital healthcare industry
03:00PM - Day 2
Compliance by Design: incorporating security and privacy requirements within processes
As responsibility increases to comply with security and privacy requirements as a result of laws and regulations as well as public opinion and customer demand, organisations are challenged to incorporate such requirements into their business processes. These requirements however impact the entire context of processes: tools, infrastructure, communications, staff etc. Adapting to these new requirements therefore requires a multidisciplinary approach in which all involved stakeholders work together.
In this presentation, an approach is provided that aims to incorporate security and privacy requirements by taking four key elements as the foundation for redesigning processes:
1. Establish trust
2. Innovate rather than protect
3. Use single identity and single data
4. Transparency and compliance
This approach is illustrated using several examples.
Senior Defense & Security Industry Analyst- Digital Transformation
Frost & Sullivan
Panel: How artificial intelligence and blockchain are the battlegrounds for the next security wars
- Artificial intelligence, machine learning, and blockchain, are emerging tech cited as key in an increasingly complex security environment, but what challenges do these technologies pose?
- Many key players are using security awareness and infrastructure is a key feature to differentiate themselves within the cloud wars, so how will this dictate how the market evolves?
- As the hyperscalers are moving further up the stack to find the latest battleground – so who is going to come out on top?
- Real life examples of where AI, ML and Blockchain are being utilised for security