Day 1 - 19 June 2019
Enterprise Security – IOT & Digital Transformation: Chair’s welcome and opening comments
Head of Business Technology Center
Royal Schiphol Group
09:50AM - Day 2
Cyber Synergy – the Schiphol Ecosystem
Enhancing cyber resilience in an airport ecosystem
Keynote: Why Privileged Access Management (PAM) Is A Digital Transformation Essential
Organizations are facing an increasingly modern threatscape. Privileged access now not only covers infrastructure, databases and network devices, but is extended to cloud environments, Big Data, DevOps, containers and more. This transition necessitates a different approach to security, one where access to critical assets, applications, services and assets is controlled by a privileged access security platform to prevent attacks at the core of digital transformation.
SVP, Global Sales & Alliances
10:50AM - Day 1
Regional Director, Benelux
03:20PM - Day 1
10:50AM - Day 1
03:50PM - Day 1
10:50AM - Day 1
Panel: The evolution of cloud for enterprise cybersecurity
- Discussing the benefits vs challenges of implementing cloud based systems at enterprise scale – what do CISOs and CIOs need to consider?
- Public, Private or Hybrid: How cloud architecture impacts enterprise security
- Addressing the risks of the Cloud as a big data centre – greater volume of sensitive data creating a greater risk of data and identity theft, device manipulation, data falsification, IP theft and server/network manipulation etc.
OT Security Governance: How to effectively manage the OT organization and cooperation with IT
Emerging technologies (IoT, AI/ML, Intelligent Automation) and IT/OT convergence introduce both risks and opportunities that shape the future of integrated IT/OT operations. To successfully introduce and navigate the cross-divisional business function you require strong leadership, effective governance and clearly defined operating model. It has been proved in practice that Cybersecurity Programs are great platforms to initiate the collaboration and work together to achieve a common goal – protecting organizations most valuable assets from cybersecurity threats.
We will share our practical experience from defining OT Security Governance and implementing target Operating Models that promote effective integration of IT, OT and Cyber organizations. A great selection of success stories and pitfalls that will help you focus on priorities when designing and implementing your next-generation IT/OT cybersecurity operations.
Technical Manager & IoT Team Leader
12:20PM - Day 1
12:20PM - Day 1
Panel: An E2E approach to tackling data security challenges of the IoT
- Enabling data security in IoT – protecting integrity, authenticity and confidentiality of information
- Addressing the risks of big data – greater volume of sensitive data creating a greater risk of data and identity theft, device manipulation, data falsification, IP theft and server/network manipulation etc.
- What are the different considerations for consumer owned connected device vs. those owned by legal entities?
- Importance of other aspects of IoT security; testing, education of staff and physical security for devices
01:00PM - Day 1
Security Automation & Orchestration for IoT/Enterprise Delivered Through “Intent-Based Networking”
- Introduce the concept of “Intent-Based” Networking (IBN)
- Combining cybersecurity with automation techniques to reduce complexity, lower risk, and improve OPEX
- Ingesting security telemetry and device exhaust, leading to quicker threat detection/containment ability
- Completing the closed loop framework (IBN) to constantly learn, share threat information, and provide the logic to tie actionable responses to behavior (self-managing / self-healing)
Afternoon Keynote: Security Enabling Cloud Transformations
Moving to the public cloud brings inherent challenges. Multiple areas of the business are procuring cloud services independently without any oversight, strategy or governance – all with best intentions but introducing new risk to the business. Join Symantec to;
• Gain new insights into securing the cloud using an holistic approach
• Understand how to asses and respond in order to accelerate cloud transformations
• Build a checklist of “what you need to know” when you embark on a cloud security project
Head of DevOps Strategy
11:20AM - Day 2
03:00PM - Day 1
Purposely misusing Hashicorp’s Vault to create an encrypted cache
Cache servers are primarily built for maximum performance and simplicity. The need for at-rest data encryption layer increases latency. Building it yourself increases bug reporting and attack surface.
For these reasons Redis decided not implement it in their core product, while Varnish released it in their enterprise version.
We wanted to try things the other way around : Instead of using a cache software with data encryption, We wanted to try a data encryption software as a cache solution.
So we tried to setup Hashicorp’s Vault with fancy non-recommended settings…
Chief Information Officer
03:30PM - Day 1
Transforming the National Trust
The National Trust is the UK’s largest conservation charity. This presentation will be a case study about the National Trust’s transformation journey so far and some of the challenges they have overcome on this journey.
Director of Curriculum, Development
04:00PM - Day 1
How to Keep Up with the Changing Security Landscape
Security is a moving target, it is hard to know where the next attack could come from. How do you plan for the unknown and how well can you respond when the need arises? Join me as I review some simple concepts that could make a big difference in your organization, no matter the size.