Day 2 - 25 November 2020
Privacy & Regulation: Chair’s Welcome & Opening Remarks
Presentation: Don’t trust what you don’t understand
- Demystifying privacy: how can you solve the privacy issue?
- Understanding the intersection of security and privacy
- How to process with transparency & scaleability
Presentation: Is Trust still at stake? GDPR one year on
- Is scalable data protection critical to supporting privacy as your organisation grows?
- What lessons have we learnt so far from GDPR and how can we still improve?
- 3 steps to keeping up with future compliance regulation
Panel: Would I lie to you? Navigating the trust landscape
- Privacy: How can organisations ensure they are meeting their responsibility to customers? How do laws and jurisdiction affect this?
- How can we ensure a standard across the world?
- How technology can help: discussing digital identity, encryption, authentication & AI
Presentation: All around the world – Privacy – The cultural impact
- How can we ensure that what we would consider ‘standard’ in privacy and security is the same across the globe?
- Do privacy concerns diminish when people get used to low levels of privacy?
- Exploring the ways that GDPR & local privacy regulations can have a global impact
Presentation: Surviving the worst-case scenario
- How a strong response can put the house back together
- How are the geo-political and economic climates driving risk behaviour?
- Understanding the phases of an incident response plan
Panel: Evaluating risk to your business
- Defining what risk actually is and where it’s coming from
- What impact are technologies such as 5G, IoT, Cloud & AI having?
- How visible are our assets, and what tools can we use to secure them?
Presentation: Stranger danger? Starting cyber-education young
- How can we expect our employees to understand security in the workplace if they don’t grow up to understand the cyber threat?
- Should we be encouraging schools to address and prevent legacy behaviours?
- Do security professionals have a social responsibility to educate the public?
Presentation: Eliminating insider threat
- How can you use identity and access controls to ensure you are minimising risk from within?
- Who should have access to what data?
- The dangers of irresponsible and uninformed employees
Presentation: A quantum leap? Security in 2030
- What impact will the next round of developments have on confidentiality, integrity, and privacy expectations?
- Confidential computing vs. Quantum computing: which has more potential?
- Assessing positive and potentially harmful effects
Panel: The future of cyber security- Where do we go from here?
- The future of cyber security correlates with the future of information technology. How much of an impact will security have in our business and personal lives?
- How will advancements in smart devices, artificial intelligence and big data impact the industry?
- Developments in the attacker ecosystem and how to combat them